Friday 13 May 2016

UNBELIEVABLE! !! FORMAL PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE TRAPPED IN EFCC NET.

– Mallam Shekarau has appeared at the office of the EFCC on corruption charges


– He was implicated by Ambassador Wali who confessed to receiving campaign fund


– Shekarau admitted the money was shared in house but claimed he was not a party to it


Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau has reported at the office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) following an invitation by the anti-graft agency.



The former minister of education was invited by the EFCC over N950million that was shared in his residence by top officials of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).



Shekarau was implicated by Alhaji Aminu Bashir Wali who is the former foreign affairs minister who confessed to the EFCC that he received the money on behalf of Kano PDP.



He said the money was meant to conduct electioneering activities for the presidential campaign of PDP during the 2015 general elections.


According to him, as party stalwart in the state the national campaign headquarters had sent him the money two days to election for the payment of party agents and other electioneering activities.


“It is true I have received N950m in my capacity as party stalwart. Kano is a very big state and we have used the money in accordance with what it was meant for just like other parties have equally done.


“The issue that I am in EFCC’s custody is politically initiated to spoil my good name.


“I have been in politics for over 36 years now and I was never found misappropriating party funds not to talk of public funds.

“Had it been I was accused of a crime committed when I was an ambassador in USA or in China “I would have looked at it differently, but this is money sent from the PDP headquarters for presidential campaign and it was apparent that an appeal fund was held and over N20bn was realized.”


“I was invited to EFCC to answer some questions on the said money which I did and I have explained everything the same way I did to you, and I am going back to Abuja to continue with my normal activities,” said Wali.


Shekarau admitted that Wali brought the money to his house but claimed he was not a part of it.


“Wali approached me on the day he collected the money and said because of security he wanted to share the N950m in my residence and I obliged.


“He brought the money to my house around 2am. I was at my room upstairs when they came in and I remained there up till the time they finished the sharing. Wali and some other party members shared the money according to the directives given to them. So I did not even see the money with my eyes.”


Premium times reports that Shekarau arrived at the Kano zonal office of the commission around 8am, while Wali showed-up at 8:30am.


An EFCC source said, adding “up till the time I closed around 4pm, the former ministers were at the commission.

No comments:

Post a Comment